Last Updated on 15/06/2021 by National Justice Project
This position is responsible for ensuring that all NJP and client accounts are managed efficiently and effectively, including invoice scanning/processing, and accounts processing in Xero. The role will include data input, record maintenance, invoicing, reconciling, reporting in Xero and also monthly reporting for trust accounts.
Accounts Responsibilities, including but not limited to
The main purpose of this role would be to manage the Xero accounting system i.e. to oversee the integrity of the information going into the system. Specifically, this would require the following:
- Reconciling (coding) all bank account transactions; [weekly]
- Maintain debtors/creditors ledger (set up supporting processes to support & particularly aligning with the litigation practice) [monthly]
- Reconcile liability accounts in General Ledger i.e. GST, Tax Accounts, Super etc. [quarterly]
- Reconcile PayPal, Stripe & any other platforms & reconcile and report Donations received [monthly]
- Reconcile and report on Project income and expenses [monthly]
- Prepare overview WIP spreadsheet [quarterly]
- Adapting the Chart of Accounts for purpose, [as necessary]
This role will also include:
- Being responsible for transactions of client related invoices and staff reimbursements being paid on time and recorded correctly.
- Ensuring client disbursements are recorded accurately.
- Preparing and checking Client invoices.
- Managing the small number of transactions in the firm’s Trust accounts and creating the monthly reports.
This role may include additional tasks as required and we welcome the person to offer ideas for improvements to the financial policies, procedures and systems.
Personal Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Undertaking your work and other activities with integrity and upholding the organisation’s values and in particular, ensuring a people-first approach across our staff, volunteers and clients.
- Supporting team cohesion in a flexible and friendly manner.
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation of the organisation.
- Executing the tasks to a high standard.
A Position Description (PD), including selection criteria can be found here. Please refer to the PD in making your application.
Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.